So, although I had hoped to write my columns for the week and even work ahead a little, I did something else. Perhaps tomorrow, I told myself; tomorrow I will write something that is just for fun after I've met my deadlines.
And then there were a couple of appointments that were planned at the last minute, but were definitely worth attending. One was related to the thing I hate most of all - the paperwork connected to annual taxes - but ended up being worth it as errors on the part of our accountant last tax season led to a favourable conclusion for us. It's not often that we actually enjoy the visit to the accountant, even though she is a good friend, but this meeting had a happy ending.
Then, yesterday we received a very fat envelope from the personal care home where "the squire's" Mom wants to live, so now there are pages and pages of even more paperwork to take up our time this weekend. Of course, we don't want to delay the move for Mom any longer than necessary, so we feel the pressure to get it done for her right away.
The main question with all paperwork is how to get from the above harried feeling to to this happy feeling that comes at the end of the process
as soon as possible. This week it felt like everything we accomplished promptly led to, or was replaced by, a new task involving ... what else but more paperwork! And I've never cared for the paperwork aspects of any activity. I see it at best as a necessary evil ( with the emphasis on "evil").
So, when I think it over, I've actually had a very productive week; many things were accomplished well. The only problem is that my to-do list is just as long as it was at the beginning of the week!
You don't have to dread your visits to the accountant; there's always the chance that you'll get a tax refund, and that's certainly worth the visit. As for your other tasks, it seems there's too many of them. I hope you get to breeze through them all, but it might be prudent to be meticulous and finish the project slowly.
ReplyDeletePatrice Mills CPA, Inc.