It's been quiet here on my country mile for the last few days. I've taken a little time off work and spent most of the time sitting in my gazebo with the dogs snoozing at my side. My intention was to read and pray and write ... and I did some of that. And I also spent a lot of time hearing, seeing, and feeling God in the silence of nature when it quietens itself for rest in the evening.
Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
That's what I've been doing these last few days and it has done my soul such good. I hadn't realized how much I needed this time until I was able to let go of the world outside my country mile home and meet God where God was waiting for me.
A plaque on the wall of my home office reads:
Make time for quiet moments
As God whispers
And the world is loud.
No comments:
Post a Comment