No, I'm not talking about the adorable, big-eyed child images that we all associate with the brand Precious Moments. I'm actually talking about these guys: two of my "baby" brothers, who came out to see me yesterday.
Poor guys, they rode over three hours in the blistering heat and arrived here to find that our AC had conked out the previous evening and there was little relief from the sweltering temperatures to be found in my house.
Despite that, we had a great visit. And I appreciate it more because one of my brothers (Steve, in the green shirt) brought his bike out to Manitoba a week ago, all the way from where he lives in British Columbia. He came to visit Mom and Dad in western Manitoba and I'm flattered the two of them rode across most of the province to see my country mile here in the southeast. Steve and I just don't get to see each other enough, thanks to the geography between us, so it was a real treat for me that he made this effort. And I'm sure the fact that he loves to ride had very little to do with it!
The other good-looking fellow is Ron, whom I'm fortunate enough to see a little more often but somehow it's never enough. He and I are somewhat soul mates, I think, and time spent with him is always precious time. The way the day worked out I got one-on-one time with each of them and lots of together time with both.
Hmmmm, now how can I get my third brother, Carl, to come visit at the same time? The precious moment could be even more precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment