Today is the first day of spring! I'm so happy because it feels like I've been waiting so long for to spring to arrive here on my country mile. It's been a long, cold, and stormy winter. And now spring is finally here!
Spring means sitting on the deck to soak up some warmth, taking the beagles for long walks, watching forecasts for the UV factor, shedding those winter "clunker" shoes and boots, tender shoots of green grass, fresh, minty-green baby leaves, and ...
But, wait! Today we had a windchill of -25 degrees all day long and a UV factor of 3. Today I wore my faux fur jacket because it's the warmest one I've got. I couldn't walk my beagles because the road is so icy that it's not safe for me to walk. And their little legs are too short to wade through the drifts if we want to stay off the road. I don't see any green grass because it's buried under two feet of snow with drifts and plowed snow piles of four feet or more.
All this because the "first day of spring" brought us a windchill of -25 degrees all day long and a predicted low for this first night of spring of -23 with the windchill dropping to -27.
But we had a UV factor of 3 today and they're calling for 4 tomorrow.
Talk about contradictions. Mother Nature needs to get her act together, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment