Friday, October 11, 2013

Thanksgiving

Ahh, October ... that mellow, bittersweet month that capriciously brings warm, sunny days; wet, stormy weather (like this evening); or howling blizzards (think October 4, 2012).

Right now, I'm grateful that October has been gentle so far and very generous with panoramas of autumn beauty everywhere I go, but especially here on my country mile.
My house smells of warm pumpkin bread and other goodies for Thanksgiving; my family are all home, cozy, and safe; everyone has a job and enough of the necessities of life ... what more could I need?

Actually, there was one more important thing on my list of needs and I just learned I can be thankful for that, too.  One of my favourite people, my nephew Eric, had a cycling accident a few days ago and wound up in the hospital with serious injuries.  I've been praying for his complete recovery and the last message from my brother, his Dad, says that Eric is well on the way to that recovery and might even be released from hospital in time for Thanksgiving.

And so, on Thanksgiving Day, surrounded by my children and grandchildren and lots of delicious food, I will be truly thankful (and I'll keep up the prayers for Eric until I hear he's 100% again).

Happy Thanksgiving to all my faithful readers and all my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment