Monday, February 24, 2014

Fog Burn?

I'm not sure there is such a thing but ... I suspect I'm fog burned.  "The squire" and I have been on holiday on the Texas Gulf coast and it seems that every time we go to a beach, the fog rolls in.

My arthritis doesn't like the dampness but it certainly is easier to to take some discomfort when it's 25 degrees Celsius ... as opposed to -25 degrees Celsius, as I hear they've been getting at home on my country mile.
Here's a "selfie" of us on the pier at Rockport beach, our favourite of the several beaches we've visited so far.  Although this next photo, taken on another beach on a day when we had a few hours of sunshine, shows a pretty nice experience also:
 
We decided that we like Rockport best because it's quieter and has much more bird life.  I did really enjoy the thunder and roar of the surf at some of the other beaches but after a while, I found the wind and the constant noise became less than relaxing.

Another activity we've really enjoyed this trip is checking out local brew house restaurants.  It's a chance to try a new beer or two and to have excellent, reasonably priced meals.  And, whenever he can, "the squire" buys himself a T-shirt or a hat from the place to commemorate the experience.
I've been relaxing by reading, my favourite activity that I never seem to get enough time for anymore.  We discovered the Half Price Bookstore in Corpus Christie where I found a whole series by one of my favourite authors.  So every minute I get, I'm reading ... and loving it.  This is my idea of a good holiday!

Today we were in Rockport again and, apart from a half an hour of sunshine, we had fog and cloud the whole time we were on the beach.  Tonight we're relaxing in our hotel room and a glance in the mirror confirmed that my skin not only feels red; it is a little red.  That's what I get for reading and forgetting to apply sunscreen: fog burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment