Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy Birthday

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to ... me!!

Since we returned from our vacation I haven't been feeling very well.  That's partly due to trying to adjust to a new medication, which is beginning to feel like it will make a difference to my pain levels, so it's been worth the trouble so far.  And part of it's due to my chronic insomnia.

Unfortunately, when I'm as tired as I've been this winter, my creative urges give up and long only for sleep.  So, I haven't posted here for far too long and I've neglected some important events that ordinarily I would have been very quick to write about ... like my 60th birthday.  Ordinarily, I don't fuss much about my birthdays but turning such a ripe old age is a big deal and should be celebrated.

My family certainly made a big deal out of it with a lovely surprise party at my daughter's house.  I had been invited to spend time with my children and grandchildren; was I ever surprised when my brothers and sisters, their spouses, and even some of our good friends drove into the yard!
(This is a selfie of me and the lovely daughter who hosted the whole group and made the day so special.)
(So many beautiful gifts and wonderful family and friends.  The beautiful lady in the tan jacket is my 80 year old mother - what a treat that she made the trip to share my day!)
(Enough food to feed an army!)
What occurs to me every time I remember what a special day it was, is that I was in a room full of people I love.  I looked around and thought that I must be the most blessed person in the world to love and be loved by so many.

I wasn't really too keen to step into this new decade of life; I loved being fifty-something.  I'm still working at getting used to thinking of myself as sixty; it just sounds old.  I'll have to remind myself frequently that I'm loved and have lots of special people in my life to thank for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment