Sunday, May 4, 2014

What the Easter Bunny Brought

I'm pleased and proud and tickled PINK to introduce the newest member of the family the "Squire" and I treasure so much.  Kara Rosa Josefa was born on Easter Sunday morning, weighing 8 pounds and two ounces and measuring twenty inches long.   It took exactly one minute for every member of our family to fall in love with her ... totally, completely, and head-over-heels in love.
Kara and her Mommy and Daddy are a beautiful little family and I can hardly wait for them to come visit on our country mile.
At two days old, Kara was already bright and alert when her parents brought her home from the hospital.  She loved the car ride.
Doesn't she look content snoozing in her Opa's arms at six days old?
Here's the response I got from her on the day of her newborn photo shoot at my daughter Jenn's photo studio when I sang Kara a German lullaby that I remember my mother singing to me and my siblings.  Jenn was hoping for lots of sleeping poses so when Kara got too wakeful, we'd feed her and then rock her back to sleep.  When it was my turn to rock her, I just instinctively began singing the lullaby and Kara opened her eyes wide and gazed fixedly at me.  She grew very still and seemed to be listening intently.  Of course, after a few minutes she dropped into a deep sleep.  I guess this Oma hasn't lost her touch, even though it's been ten years since we had a new baby in our family.

Kara's birth day feels extra special to us because twenty-eight years ago when our other daughter, Kate, was born, it was also on Easter Sunday morning.  That Easter fell on March 30 and we called "Katie" our little Easter bunny for months after she was born.  In some families, when very young children want to know how they came to be in the world, their parents or grandparents might say that "the stork brought you."  I guess in our family, we'd have to say that the Easter bunny brought Kara.




No comments:

Post a Comment