The view out my sun room window the day after the October, 2012 storm.
The only trouble is the last time we had a winter storm, we ended up with twenty-eight hours of no power, no phone access, no Internet and many of our trees breaking from the high winds and the weight of all the wet snow on the pines' top branches. Of course, on my country mile, losing power isn't all that unusual, as many weather events can bring down trees and all our power lines are all near trees. But twenty-eight hours was a little much.
Worst of all was having no way to flush toilets (need power for the pump) and dealing with those needs for twenty-eight hours. This storm happened in early October, so it was unseasonably early and caught us off-guard. This time we are a little more prepared and have some strategies ready for doing things differently. But bathroom issues are .... still bathroom issues.
So, I'm all ready for a storm-bound weekend but I'm really hoping we won't lose power, mainly so that we won't have to do the alternative bathroom arrangements again. And, ideally, I need enough power to do some work on the computer, if I'm going to live up to my resolution of writing 5000 words a week. But I guess it wouldn't be too terrible to have to spend a whole weekend reading, writing the old-fashioned way, playing games, and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment