Monday, September 16, 2013

Materials: $69.00 Worth - Love, Talent, and Effort: Two Sisters' Worth

What a delight my kitchen is now. After a lot of dissatisfaction and stewing about ways and means to revitalize and de-clutter my work space, all suddenly came together, thanks to the genius, talent, and hard work of two of my favourite people in all the world, my sisters.

During a visit of a few days in late August, Mary came up with the idea to put a small shelf unit on unused wall space near the kitchen to store my cookbooks and various odds and ends. Then she helped me purchase it and, that same day, played with the squire's power tools to put it together for me. Inspired by the open expanse of counter where the cookbooks once lived, we found ways to arrange other things and achieved a more spacious look and room to work.

Then, a week or two later, the other sister went to work and my, did she work! I had asked Monika several weeks earlier if she would consider helping me apply some different backsplash material to revitalize the look of my kitchen. I knew she had done it before for our mother and I knew what a perfectionist she is, so I was certain the project would be done as well as possible.

Here's a shot of the kitchen prepped for her work:
This is the artist at work:
And voila! Doesn't it look great?
What would I do without sisters? They're my best friends and, when I need them, a willing work crew. And just so you won't think I make them work every time they visit, here's a shot of them enjoying some relaxation time here on my country mile.
They are beautiful women and great friends ... and talented, as well. I am sad for women who don't have sisters like mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment