Sunday, July 21, 2013

2 Beautiful Women, 4 Wonderful Days

I've been blessed, over my lifetime thus far, to have enjoyed many fulfilling and stimulating friendships.  Some have lasted for years and years, some for shorter spans, and some since I was as young as two and three years old.

Recently I got to spend four wonderful days with two beautiful women that I've known and loved since childhood.
They and I spent the four days traveling to Fargo, ND and then on to Minneapolis, MN for a time of rest, bonding, and shopping.  We explored the Nicolette Mall in Minneapolis, toured part of that city in a bicycle cab after a lovely supper at The Brit on their sidewalk patio, and spent part of a day shopping outlet stores in nearby Albertville.
We have similar tastes in food, clothing, ideas of fun, and in our ways of doing things.  These amazing women are patient, intelligent, wise, non-judgmental, and great fun.  And they regularly said things just as complimentary about me.  What more could you ask for in a friend?
"Why," I asked them at one point, "didn't we appreciate each other this much when we were children or very young women?"  

"Because we were too young and too intent on creating our own lives and establishing ourselves as individuals?" suggested one.  That made sense to me; I know from my training that those are among the developmental tasks of young adulthood.
"Because we just didn't have that level of wisdom yet," offered the other, which I thought was a good way to summarize the whole thing.

So, if those are the true reasons, and I suspect they are, I'm so glad that I'm now old enough and wise enough to appreciate and treasure these two wonderful sister-friends.  And I can hardly wait for our next mini-vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment