I'm still chuckling tonight at my own foolishness and I'm also proud of a recent accomplishment ... even if I did come off looking a little naive.
I write for a Christian news magazine, submitting a piece on a counselling theme approximately once every couple of months. As I prepared a few nights ago to send away my article for the July 5th deadline (I like to be a little early with deadlines), I realized that this was the last one I was contracted for. So I included a message for my editor that expounded on how much I had enjoyed writing the pieces and asking to be considered for more assignments in the next year's column planning.
Then I hit SEND and the whole thing, article attachment and request to continue writing for the column, whooshed away to my editor. Next, feeling at loose ends since I had no assignment to begin planning, I decided to check my emails, only to discover one from - you guessed it - my editor. And - you guessed it again - I was asked to consider writing several more pieces for the magazine's upcoming publication year!
And all of this left me feeling quite proud at the compliments the editor paid my writing and just a little foolish for not having checked emails first. But definitely more proud and pleased than anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment