Thursday, July 7, 2011

Proud As Punch

Our daughter, Kate, graduated today with her Health Care Aide Certificate.  I had a lump in my throat as I watched her process into the ceremony with her classmates.  I was so proud because I know how hard she worked for this and how much she deserves the recognition.  I was doubly proud because I've seen her mark statement which shows a grade Point Average of 96%.  She aced every single assignment, project, and exam.  One smart daughter I've got there.

She surprised us a little with those fabulous marks because, as she will be the first to tell you, she wasn't too interested in high school achievement a few years ago, scoring good grades only on the things that interested her then.  And that's often the way when we're still so young. I suspect she surprised herself, too, with these latest great grades and received a nice shot of self-esteem, something that rarely harms a person.

 Ah, finally got her hands on it!

I know she'll go on to great things yet in her life, because she has truly found her niche, settling gracefully into being a compassionate and caring member of the health care profession. Her two practica at different facilities in our area were very enjoyable experiences for her and she can't wait to get that first job and have her own patients again.  She's got my prayers on her side, as well as those of her Dad, her brothers and sister, both her grandmothers, her grandfather, godmother, and other aunties, uncles, and cousins.

The happy graduate

Here's thinking of you, Kate, and lots of pride at how far you've come.  You're a special person and you'll be a great success, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment