When I was little I looked up to you
To walk in your steps I longed to do.
Deep talks we've had, true thoughts we've shared;
And I value most the way you've cared.
As I grew older, the more surely I knew
what safety there was just being with you.
You've always been strong and wise for me
despite my mistakes, loved unconditionally.
So often you helped me see right from wrong,
Encouraged me to be both meek and strong.
Loving patience and gentle care
Were in endless supply, always there.
With your guidance a mature woman I grew to be
With so many goals accomplished successfully.
Know that through your love and pride and praise
a confident and grateful woman you've raised.
Dear Papa, I'm writing this just to say
how much I love you each and every day.
You have a special place in my heart,
this daughter's first love right from the start.
Happy Father's Day to the best father a girl could ever have. Thank you for being you. I love you and I pray for you every day. With love, Josi
(This poem is adapted from one by Joanna Fuchs that I found on the Internet once.)
No comments:
Post a Comment